Hardwood Floor Refinishing in Barrie
Hardwood floors have a timeless appeal that enhance the practical and visual benefits of any Barrie home. However, the reality is that, over time, your hardwood floors may become damaged or depreciated. When this occurs, you need to act fast and invest in a quality team of refinishing specialists you can rely on. In Barrie, Livingston Cabinetry should be the first number you call.
Three Reasons to Leave Your Home During Hardwood Floor Refinishing
Let’s be honest about it, nobody likes leaving their home unless they really must. When it comes to a wood floor refinishing job, the simple fact of the matter is that while it would be possible to remain resident in your home, the advantages of moving out temporarily far outweigh the disadvantages of doing so. With that in mind, here are three reasons that we recommend our residential customers move out of their home during this process:
- The reality of the situation is that for an optimal wooden floor refinishing job requires all the furniture from that room being moved to another room or out of the house completely. So, if you live in a small house then it may not be possible to remain living in your house while the refinishing takes place.
- At Livingston Cabinetry, our skilled team of refinishers will always ensure that the room being refinished is completely sealed off. However, no matter how well sealed off the room is, the fact is that fine dust will always find a way through.
- The odors from wood-stain products and polyurethane can remain in the air in your home several days after the refinishing has been completed.
What if I Stay in my Home During Hardwood Floor Refinishing?
While Livingston Cabinetry generally recommends that our Barrie residential customers leave their home during a hardwood flooring refinishing project, the reality of the situation is that this is not an option for every family. So, if you are unable to vacate your home during our refinishing work, then it is important that you follow these important points very closely:
- The job will ever only begin once all furniture and fittings have been removed from the room. So, it is important that if you and your family are staying in your home that you have a garage, utility room, or additional space to store the necessary furniture.
- Despite the fact that we only use state-of-the-art refinishing equipment, the reality is that it is still very noisy. As a result, you should make sure that you are aware of this before the refinishing process begins.
- The two-coat stain that we apply to all residential floors in Barrie is top of the range. However, one of the features of this coating is that it contains a strong and distinctive odor.
- You have to be strategic about moving from one room in your home to another until the job is complete.